Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Psalm 31:9-16

8 Do not hand me over to my enemy --put my feet in freedom,

9 Since my eyes are swollen from grief, Adonai,

Since I am wasting away body and soul, give me grace,

10 Since my life is ending in sorrow and since my years drag on in groaning, my imprisoned strength falters and my bones are shriveling away,

11 All of my enemies taunt me and my neighbors do not stop taunting,

To those who know me, my appearance brings dread, when I come near, they run away,

12 I have disappeared from hearts like a corpse, like an empty jar, forgotten,

13 Since I heard so much slander from everywhere they plot together they thought of ways to take my life.

14 But I trust in you, Adonai, I call you My God.

15 My time is at hand, you must deliver me from the hand of my enemies and my harassers,

16 Since the light of your face on your servant, save me because of your loyal love

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home